TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
Orissa Electricity Regulatory Commission
3. Establishment and constitution of the Commission.
4. Constitution of the Selection Committee.
5. Conditions for appointment as member of the Commission.
6. Term of office and conditions of service of members of the Commission.
7. Removal of members.
8. Appointment of the secretary, staff and consultants of the Commission.
Proceedings, Powers and Functions of the Commission
9. Proceedings of the Commission.
10. Powers of the Commission.
11. Functions of the Commission.
Powers of the State Government
12. General powers of the State Government.
13. Constitution and functions of the Gridco.
Licensing of Transmission and Supply
15. Grant of licences by the Commission.
16. Exemptions from the requirement to have a licence.
17. General duties and powers of the licensees.
18. Revocation of licence.
19. Amendment of license.
20. Provisions where licence is revoked.
21. Restrictions on licensees and generating companies.
22. Annual accounts of licensee.
Reorganisation of the Electricity Industry
23. Transfer of Board's properties, powers, functions and duties.
24. Provisions relating to personnel
25. Variation of transfer.
26. Licensee's revenues and tariffs.
27. Finances of licensees.
Commission's Power to Pass Orders and Enforce Decisions
28. Interim orders.
29. Final orders.
30. Effect and enforcement of interim and final orders and emergency provisions.
31. Fines and charges.
Advisory Committee, Consumer Consultation
32. Commission Advisory Committee.
33. Consumer protection and standard of performance.
34. Electricity supply and overall performance standards.
35. Information with respect to levels of performance
36. Restriction on disclosure of information
Arbitration and Appeals
37. Arbitration by the Commission.
38. Appeals from decisions of electrical inspectors.
39. Appeals against the orders of the Commission.
Offences and Penalties
40. Penalty for contravention of section 14.
41. Penalties for contravention of other provisions.
42. Offences by companies.
43. Power to compound offences.
44. Cognizance of offences.
45. Penalties and proceedings not to prejudice other actions.
46. Recovery of fees, fines and charges.
47. Application of fines and charges.
48. No part of the fines or penalties imposed to be passed on.
49. Protection of action in good faith.
50. Bar of jurisdiction.
51. Power to remove difficulties.
52. Proceedings before the Commission to be judicial proceedings
53. Members and staff of commission to be public servants.
54. Power to make regulations
55. Power to make rules.
56. Rules and regulations to be laid
Effect on Existing Central Law
57. Effect of the Act on the Indian Electricity Act, 1910 and the
Electricity (Supply) Act, 1948.